08 September 2008

Temptation

I don't know what it is about this area, but there are TONS of rabbits running 'round the area this year. I don't live in a rural area, either- I am pretty much smack-dab in the middle of North Charleston, SC. Not exactly the back 40.

Every night when I get off the late shift and head home, the last mile or so will find not less than 5 fuzzy white cottontails hopping out of the outer edge of my bike's headlight.

I've been VERY tempted to pick up a 600-FPS or so air pistol and go for walks at night. I know I could very easily harvest a couple rabbits each week without trying very hard. Hell, I've done it in my back yard, and that was just while trying to cut the grass. Rabbits are apparently NOT bright at all. Here's this noisy-as-hell lawnmower in the yard and I see the little critter hopping 'round the other end of the yard. I go inside, grab my air rifle, and without even trying hard I take them at about 30 yards. One shot one kill.. THWUP!... and it's hossenpfeffer for the stewpot.

Hell, if I was a bit more rural, I'd just pick up a Walther P22 and shoot CBs out of it.

Hmmm, speaking of- I need to cook up the two rabbits I have in the freezer this week. ;)

No comments: