03 March 2009

Well, no more hell watches....

wow, been almost a month...

I am no longer on that task that I was on before, that resulted in the flip-flop hours and one SEVERELY grumpy IT Geek.

In fact, as it happens, I am no longer on ANY task.

This actually works out. I have consulting work that can get me by, and finally have time to study up and catch up on a few certifications I've put on the back burner (ok, in the pantry, way the hell away from the stove).

I hate to sound trite, but each closed window opens new doors. Or, whatever the hell the phrase is. But the point is- where when I lost my job my immediate reaction was "OMG, When in trouble or in doubt,Run in circles, scream and shout!!" Now, I actually am rather relieved. I was on that project WAAAAAAAYYYY too long- and to be honest, it was mostly my fault. I didn't train up when I could have, at company expense, and stuck myself on a dead-end road. Got tired of it, fed up, frustrated, and unchallenged, and became a classic example of burnout.

Now? I have to say, the feeling is one of.... "relief". To an EXTREME degree.

I am aware my former coworkers are laughing at me. I just don't CARE. Have a good one, guys- I escaped and am actually the happier for it.

Bad decisions made, lessons learned. Moving forward.

(now, if anyone happens to know of any IT work in the South Carolina lowcountry, do tell, hear?)

No comments: